[Lapg] Los Angeles Areas Programs, Westchester (LA 90045)

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri Aug 3 05:13:26 PDT 2007

We would like to invite Southern California Permaculture readers to the
following events:

100-mile Potluck: A Celebration of Local Foods
Come join the Environmental Change-Makers for a summer potluck with a twist.
It's a banquet and a treasure hunt all in one!  Bring a dish of food which
was grown or produced within 100 miles of the meeting site.  For resources
on local foods, see our website www.EnviroChangeMakers.org  This will be a
low-waste event, so we ask that you bring ReUseable serving ware.  Thurs.
Aug. 23, 7-9 pm, The Environmental Change-Makers, Community Hall, 6700 W.
83rd, Westchester (LA 90045)

The Long-Term Future of Transportation
View the movie "Contested Streets" followed by a community discussion of the
Long-Term Future of Transportation and how we can reclaim our street space
for pedestrians and bicyclists.  The evening will include ReLocalization and
powering-down concepts.  We have invited many local politicians to this
event, so here is a chance to let your voice be heard!  Thurs. Sept. 27, 7-9
pm, The Environmental Change-Makers, Community Hall, 6700 W. 83rd,
Westchester (LA 90045)  www.EnviroChangeMakers.org

Vegetable / Herb Seed Swap
Bring seeds from functional and heirloom plants to share in this community
exchange.  We will create a separate space for seeds which are known to be
non-GMO.  For further information, see our website
www.EnviroChangeMakers.org  Thurs. Oct. 25, 7-9 pm, The Environmental
Change-Makers, Community Hall, 6700 W. 83rd, Westchester (LA 90045)

The Environmental Change-Makers meet in the Westchester area of Los Angeles
on the fourth Thursday of each month.  They discuss environmental solutions,
swap resources, and encourage changes in our urban lifestyles.  The meetings
emphasize Sustainability, community-building, and positive environmental
successes.  The circle is facilitated by Joanne Poyourow, whose work
encourages urban mainstreamers to visualize and step into a future which
people familiar with David Holmgren's work will recognize:  a world of
energy descent, lifestyles using Permaculture principles to guide us, lives
lived in deeper connection with the cycles of the earth.