[Lapg] LA - musicians, dancers, artists, poets, street theatre, etc, wanted for sustainability event Sept 15

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 20:51:10 PDT 2007

On Sept 15, from 1 - 10 PM in Sunland, artists of all types will gather and mingle in our food forest, exchanging beauty and aesthetics in a context of sustainable living.

This is the launch of our artist's cooperative, The Edge Between Universes.  We have come together with a common vision, to live more sustainably, with a higher quality of life, and to spread that message via the powerful medium of the arts.  Sustainability requires observation of ecosystems and how they really work, and cooperation with the forces that help them to survive optimally.  As artists in cooperation and connection, we can help each other to survive on higher levels using the same principles.

We are looking for visual artists, musicians, dancers, improv actors, poets and other creative expressionists who would like to participate in a day of magic, connection and unpredictability.

We will have visual art displays in the forest, music in two locations, film, dance, street theatre, and much more.

We will have hands-on demonstrations of pottery, sustainable gardening, jewelry making, and several other skills as well as food forest tours, solar oven demonstrations, housing alternatives and more.

There will be info about food forestry and other aspects of sustainable living, and info about our planned self-sufficient artist colony.

If this sounds like something you would like to participate in, contact us and let us know what your art form is (or other resource) and a bit about you.

We are also having a silent auction as a fund raiser for our educational activities - if you have some solar panels, veggie oil Mercedes, food forests, or Picassos you want to donate... ok, how about a mini solar cooker, or a beautiful painting or print, or whatever you have laying around of value you'd be willing to contribute...

We have planning meetings every Monday night in Sunland, write for more info.

More info at:  myspace.com/theedgebetweenuniverses  (partial list of participants, check back regularly for updates)

If you'd just like to attend the experience, it's a 100 mile potluck (food grown within 100 miles is encouraged, but not required).  Write for directions.

Love, Cory