[Lapg] Comfrey, patchouli for sale?

mimi mimi at riseup.net
Fri Sep 7 11:55:34 PDT 2007

Hi Cory

I buy and look for rare seeds /plant via internet. Also, you can find
rare seeds at ebay as well.

I usually like to buy from an internet nursery that has a real store
with existing address & phone number possibly
located at So. Cal or similar climate. Some net nursery stores have
guarantee policy, which would be plus.

When I buy from ebay I make sure a seller's focus is plant sales and has
many good ratings.

Internet have been pretty good rare plant resource for me so far.
Some plants I order via mail is bit wimpy when they arrive, but after
one season or two they can root and
be strong. I have not had trouble with internet orders so far...

Also if you search you may find rare plant grower that you may able to
contact and visit.
here are some sites I just quickly looked up. These sites may have local
nursery listings.
http://www.crfg.org/
http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~mjgm/nurindex.htm

Also armstrong garden centers says you can special order hard to find plant.
see http://www.armstronggardens.com/guarantee.html ( see the special
order section at the bottom of page.)

This is not clean answer to your question but,  hope this helped little bit.
Looking for useful plants that grows in the shade is quite bit of
search. So let me know
if you find any good local resources.

Thanks!

midori