[Lapg] Could these be the farms of the future? - Innovation - MSNBC.com

Lois Arkin crsp at igc.org
Thu Oct 11 16:36:54 PDT 2007

Although these concepts are not within my comfort zone at all, I do
think we need to look at them and respond, if only in dialogue with one
another for now.  To most of us, I believe, we think we will be farming
streets before vertical farms of this nature take hold.  But maybe not.
  Maybe these kinds of structures, done appropriately will provide the
bevy of green jobs cities are starting to lust for, and redevelopment
agencies have the money for, and green entrepreneurs start surfacing
more toward or maybe they'll just be more hardscape and chemicals.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21153990/

Lois