[Lapg] Sunday service day food forest in Sunland

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 20:35:57 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Last Sunday was a great gathering in the Food Forest. We planted the
 winter
garden - salad greens, snow peas, beans, chives, carrots. Some special
mulching was done with the citrus using oak leaves which were raked
 from
under the oak trees. Later, the potluck was especially tasty with fresh
homemade rosemary bread and butter from a local french restaurant, some baked goods,cheeses,fresh tomatoes from the garden,etc.

Visitors met with community members and we had discussions about
permaculture,community,small gardens,etc.

We will meet again on Sunday,Oct 28th.

7919 Glenties Lane,Sunland 91040
9:30 - work in the garden
11:30 - potluck lunch

If you can't make it for the work session,join us for lunch - there's
 always
enough whether you get it together to bring something or not. If you're
interested in growing food on your patio or whatever space you have,we
 want
to help you get started and see you through to some success. You can
 also
get information on other areas of self-sufficiency such as harvesting
 water.
We have books to loan out or you can ask questions of our community
 members.
We like the energy of new people and we always enjoy each others
 company.

Best,
Marie Dimock
818-361-0957
Marie Dimock <mariedi151 at verizon.net>,

           var callCount = 0; function rmvScroll( msg ) {  if ( ++callCount > 10 ) { msg.style.visibility = "visible"; }    if ( callCount  msg.clientHeight ) {   newHeight = msg.scrollHeight + delta;  }  delta = msg.offsetWidth - msg.clientWidth;  delta = ( isNaN( delta )? 1 : delta + 1 );  if ( msg.scrollWidth > msg.clientWidth ) {   newWidth = msg.scrollWidth + delta;  }  msg.style.overflow = "visible";  msg.style.visibility = "visible";    if ( newWidth > 0 || newHeight > 0 ) {   var ssxyzzy = document.getElementById( "ssxyzzy" );   var cssAttribs = ['#' + msg.id + '{'];   if ( newWidth > 0 ) cssAttribs.push( 'width:' + newWidth + 'px;' );   if ( newHeight > 0 ) cssAttribs.push( ' height:' + newHeight + 'px;' );   cssAttribs.push( '}' );   try {    ssxyzzy.sheet.deleteRule( 0 );    ssxyzzy.sheet.insertRule( cssAttribs.join(""), 0 );   } catch( e ){}  } } function imgsDone( msg ) // for Firefox, we need to scan for images that haven't set their width yet {  var imgList =
 msg.getElementsByTagName( "IMG" );  var len = ((imgList == null)? 0 : imgList.length);  for ( var i = 0; i                                                               [input]        [input]   [input]   [input]   [input]   [input]   [input]   [input]

http://mail.yahoo.com