[Lapg] ag and simple food speaker?

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 20 10:53:57 PST 2007

hey all,
  We are covering agriculture in my AP Environmental Science class in Arcaida February 19-22.  My students are very far removed from where their food comes from.  i would LOVE to have someone who farms come in to talk to them (ppt/slides/other multimedia a PLUS) about what it takes to produce food.  Even better if you bring things in for them to try.  I'd love to have a taste test of organic locally grown vs. conventional supermarket fare.  I would be very happy to help someone create a presentation if you've never done one before.  i can offer a modest stipend for your time.
  Please contact me if you are interested (and spread the word to your farmer friends!).
  Thanks,
  Joan

"People cannot discover new lands until they have the courage to lose sight of the shore"  Andre Gide