[Lapg] Fwd:Civic Engagement Across California Communities

Diana Liu diana1127 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 10 06:43:49 PST 2008

  Subject: Civic Engagement Across California Communities
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 13:12:32 -0800
From: "Lopez, Tarren" <TLopez at cslanet.calstatela.edu>
To: "Lopez, Tarren" <TLopez at cslanet.calstatela.edu>

      Join us for our inaugural lecture of the California Agenda 2008 Lecture Series, “Civic Engagement Across California Communities, on Wednesday, January 30, from 8:30-10:30 AM at the Los Angeles Marriott Downtown.

  This event will explore degrees of political engagement, and how issues of health care, immigration, tolerance, the economy and jobs, the war in Iraq and others may be factors driving political interest and action in California communities as we move more fully into the election year.

    Tarren Alicia López
  Coordinator,
  Public Policy Education Program &
  Health Policy Outreach Center
  Edmund G. "Pat" Brown Institute of Public Affairs
  5151 State University Drive
  Los Angeles, CA 90032
  323.343.3770 Office
  323.343.3774 Fax
  www.patbrowninstitute.org

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.
Kindness in giving creates love.
                                   - Lao Tzu