[Lapg] Ban the plastic bag in LA!

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 09:15:37 PST 2008

I wish I would have heard of this earlier, but just got it today.  Does anybody know what China is using instead of plastic?  Or what the alternatives might be for LA?  Paper is in some ways worse (using trees AND petroleum), though at least it degrades better.   I would love to see all Los Angelenos carrying their own bags to the grocery store, but I have a feeling that will be a lot easier to implement in China than Los Angeles...

Cory

        January/2008

                                   Come out to Support the Right Plastic Bag Legislation- Green Ambassadors wants your help now!

If China Can Ban The Plastic Bag, Why Can't We?

Please consider this important opportunity to advocate for action on plastic bags.  The L.A. County Board of Supervisors meeting-Tuesday January the 22nd.  A large coalition headed by Heal the Bay recently negotiated a GREAT multi-year phase-out of plastic bags in LA retail stores.  (6 billion plastic bags per year are used by LA County residents, many ending up in our rivers and oceans causing a marine ecosystem to become more toxic)

We need the publics voice to be heard on TUESDAY, JANUARY 22 from 12:00-3:00PM at the Hall of Adminstration, 500 W. Temple Street, between Grand and Hill downtown Los Angeles.  Bring your reusable bag to show your support.

To sign the petition and view the informative event flier go to heal the bay!  To carpool to the hearing with Green Ambassadors please contact saralaimon at greenambassadors.org.

If you are unable to attend the event, please write the board of Supervisors that we need to ban plastic bags.