[Lapg] sad news just in

Tyrone LaFay biotribecascadia at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 22:43:25 PST 2008

Dear Permies,

I do not know if many of you had had the fortunate
opportunity to know and learn from one of the worlds
most amazing permaculture advocates and teachers in
Joe Polaischer, but it is with a very saddened and
heavy heart that I share with you the news of his
passing.  Joe was one of my closest friends in New
Zealand and I had spent many different durations
working and teaching on his farm (Rainbow Valley Farm)
over the years.  In my humble opinion, it is one of,
if not the most, impressive examples of permaculture
in action in the world.  Joe and his wife Trish have
dedicated their life to showing the world that
permaculture practices can and does offer real, on the
ground solutions to the issues we face in the world
today.  Please send loving thoughts and prayers out to
Trish and the global Pc community as we remember and
honor Joe for all the work he has so passionately done
for the earth and for all that he has touched and
inspired along his journey.  He will be greatly
missed.  Below is the email that I received from Robyn
Francis (Djangbung Gardens, Nimbin, Oz).

Respectfully,

Tyrone LaFay

I've just received the sad news that Joe Polaischer
passed away at 3.30
 this
morning.

Joe's had a brain tumour removed late last year, which
grew back at a
 rapid
rate over the past 2 months and has claimed his life.

Joe's passing will be deeply felt by permaculture
friends and
 colleagues
around the world, and especially in the
German-speaking countries of
 Europe
and by the New Zealand pc community.

Words fail me to adequately express my feelings at
this time, and to
 honour
the incredibly legacy he leaves behind, so please
forgive the brevity
 of
this announcement - it is not intended as an obituary.

Joe and Trish had a PDC organised to commence Friday
22nd Feb. One of
 his
dying wishes was this course proceed, that
permaculture work continue
 beyond
and without him. The permaculture teachers in NZ felt
to overwrought
 with
grief to be able to teach at this time so Geoff Lawton
and myself will
 be
teaching this course to honour Joe and to support
Trish and the pc
 community
there.

My thoughts are with Trish - please take some time
over the coming days
send love and light to strengthen and support her
through her grief,
 and to
remember Joe and celebrate the incredible work he has
done for the
 earth,
for permaculture and the legacy he has gifted for the
future.

Thank you Joe for your inspiration and dedication -
sleep well in the
 arms
of mother earth...

 Robyn Francis