[Lapg] Cont Ed Op: Camellias & Tea Tasting, 2/24, 9-11am, Nuccio's, Altadena

Lois Arkin crsp at igc.org
Wed Feb 20 13:53:45 PST 2008

Hi, All---

This notice was in our Pasadena Star-News yesterday.  I talked with
Mark, and he noted that the "breakfast" will be something like tea and
scones, prepared by an England-native with several real-leaf teas.
Speakers will include one of the Nuccio brothers and an author of
Altadena history, both discussing the horticultural history of the
nursery and the Southern California area.  He also stipulated that if
the weather is rainy, the event will be postponed to another day.

Continuing Education Opportunity

Flower Lovers Invited to Breakfast

Altadena

Camellia lovers are invited to gather Sunday from 9 to 11am for
breakfast and a tea tasting at Nuccio's Nursery.

The event is sponsored by the Altadena Heritage organization and will
include talks about Altadena's nursery-filled past and the history of
Nuccio's.

The event is free for Altadena Heritage members; a $10 donation is
requested for non-members.  Membership may be obtained at the event.

Nuccio's Nursery is at 3555 Chaney Trail.

For more information, visit www.altadenaheritage.org
<http://www.altadenaheritage.org/> or call mark Goldschmidt at 626-798-8682.

Ciao for now.

Yvonne Savio

Common Ground Garden Program Manager

University of California Cooperative Extension, Los Angeles County

PO Box 22255

4800 E. Cesar E. Chavez Avenue

Los Angeles CA 90022

Phone:   323-260-3407

Fax:       323-881-0067

Email:    ydsavio at ucdavis.edu <mailto:ydsavio at ucdavis.edu>

Website: http://celosangeles.ucdavis.edu/Common_Ground_Garden_Program/

Master Gardener Email Gardening helpline:
mglosangeleshelpline at ucdavis.edu <mailto:mglosangeleshelpline at ucdavis.edu>

Master Gardener Phone Gardening helpline:  323-260-3238

//2007 Lifetime Achievement Award, Los Angeles Community Garden Council//

//2007 Certificate of Commendation, Los Angeles Unified School District//

//2006 Certificate of Appreciation, City of Los Angeles//

//2004 "Feeding the Hungry" Garden Crusader Award, Gardener's Supply
Company//

//Since 1978, the Common Ground Garden program has helped Los Angeles
County residents to garden, grow their own food, and healthfully prepare
it.  Our targeted audience and priority are to serve limited-resource
residents and those traditionally underrepresented.  By training
community volunteers, we empower neighborhoods to create their own
solutions.  Our Master Gardener volunteers work primarily with community
gardens, school gardens, seniors, and homeless and battered women's
shelters.//

//In 2007, 179 Master Gardeners volunteered 8,037 hours serving 64,262
low-income gardeners in Los Angeles County at 31 community gardens, 48
school gardens, 13 shelter gardens, 2 senior gardens, and 14 fairs and
farmers markets.//