[Lapg] Volunteers needed for PC Development on the Caribbean island of Roatan, Honduras

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Mar 4 06:13:32 PST 2008

"Come join us in the development of an eco-village in paradise. Casa
Tierra is now ready for volunteers who want to practice their
permaculture skills on the Caribbean island of Roatan, Honduras. We
are developing 12 acres into a deep-green, off-the-grid Mayan food
forest with pools, waterfalls and oceanfront snorkeling and diving,
as well as small casitas.

This spring, summer and fall, we are sculpting waterways and ponds,
building earthbag/adobe casitas and planting/harvesting food and
medicinals. We host the first organic farmers market in April.
Volunteers get a free place to sleep in exchange for 4.5 hrs work a
day. Plenty of free time for playing, diving and snorkeling.
Volunteers work side by side with Islanders and Indios while we all learn.

Make new friends, share your skills, learn from others, help develop
a sustainable community on the world's second largest barrier reef.
Contact Dr. Brigitta Olsen at <mailto:beolsendr at gmail.com>beolsendr at gmail.com."

Brigitta