[Lapg] News from Kacy & Earth Day LA w/ MICHAEL FRANTI

Lois Arkin crsp at igc.org
Tue Mar 11 20:42:29 PDT 2008

  Hi there,

Hope you're doing great ~

I'm writing to keep you in the loop on our Earth Day festivities.  Most
especially our NEW festival on Wilshire Blvd. with MICHAEL FRANTI!

I've added you to our Earth Day email list so you will be receiving
updates / photos / inspirations to join us.  Those emails will come from
earthdayla at yahoo.com <mailto:earthdayla at yahoo.com>, if you would please
add that email address to your address book - thanks.

Feel free to call me anytime for more information and to talk about how
to be involved, the more the merrier, I'd love to share this day with
you.  Michael performing for us is a such gift, I'm just passin' it on.

Here's the haps:

2 Street Festivals in April

Wilshire Center Earth Day/Car-Free Day, Tuesday, April 22, 10a-5pm
will TRANSFORM Wilshire Blvd. in to a car-free zone from Western  to
Harvard Blvds.

The street will be closed to cars all day for 4 blocks!

Everyone encouraged to take Mass Tranit - Bus, Rail, Bike, Walk!

    * 3 Solar Stages
          o Main Stage Park to feature acoustic set by Michael Franti of
            Spearhead.   (Click to listen & watch an adorable video - if
            his new music doesn't make your hands go up in the air and
            dance I don't know what will - www.spearheadvibrations.com
            <http://www.spearheadvibrations.com>)

          o Kids Zone with Green Magician, mural painting, group song
            for Peace, Balinese Monkey Chants, Yoga

          o Environmental Tent with Speakers and celebrities, and much more.

    * 75 Exhibitors, Vegetarian/Organic food
    * Altars and Sacred Space
    * Free and FUN for all ages!

Earth Day on the Promenade, Saturday, April 12, 10am-7pm
6th Annual ..... each year is more fun than the last ... more to come.....

Please read next email for full update, and feel free to forward to
organizations, eco-companies, and green-minded friends who you think
would like to Exhibit, Sponsor, Volunteer, or overall participate.

I'll keep you on the list for lineup info etc. as we get closer.  If
you'd prefer me not to, simply email me back and let me know.

Thanks!

So much love,

Kacy
888-295-8372 o
310-849-8253 m
it now.
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

Supercharge your AIM. Get the AIM toolbar
<http://download.aim.com/client/aimtoolbar?NCID=aolcmp00300000002586>
for your browser.