[Lapg] Sunland - food forest work day, tours, freebies and more!

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 12 04:28:46 PDT 2008

Sunday, 1-4, 7919 Glenties Lane, Sunland.  818-731-4706.

Come one, come all.  Beautiful spring stuff coming up!  Just planted some flower and other seeds.  Need some more planted!   Get creative about where you want to plant stuff - it's a forest!

We will be mulching, making soil, planting seeds and trees, applying magic rock dust, labeling potted plants, digging mini-swales, and much more.

We still have lots of potted plants - many exotic and fun varieties.  By the way, we have some of the most beautiful aloe around - all sizes.

Freebies:

Help me identify exotic flowers and some other plants and get a small plant for free.

Show me how to propagate certain species, and take a plant home.

We still have some banana trees that need to be removed, if you dig it up, it's yours.

We also have copious amounts of collards and salad greens, pick some and take them home.  They are delicious!!

We give smell and taste tours.  The trees are starting to be covered with fruit, it's beautiful, come see.

See ya there!

Bring some drums or flute if you play, we are giving the forest some music these days.

Best, Cory

http://mail.yahoo.com