[Lapg] Great Opportunity for an Artist

camille cimino camcim at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 19:03:12 PDT 2008

We are looking for an artist who is willing to design
and steward a mural project for big sunday (a
community participation event across LA).

All materials will be paid for.  You will get to have
your design in a permanent land trust pocket park.

What a NEAT thing to help out with!

i am also looking for a few more "garden" volunteers
to help teach basic planting and mulching.

please contact:
camille cimino
camcimyahoo.com

in cordination with both:

To learn more about Big Sunday or to sign up as a
volunteer:

http://bigsunday.org/

About Us
Our Mission: Big Sunday mobilizes and empowers
volunteers to build community through community
service. This mission is driven by the belief that
everyone has some way to help someone else.

Join us for our 10th Anniversary Big Sunday weekend on
May 3rd and 4th 2008!

Who We Are
Read more about Big Sunday, the largest annual
citywide community service event in America.
To find our more about the Los Angeles Neighborhood
Land Trust:

http://www.lanlt.org/

The Los Angeles Neighborhood Land Trust (LANLT) is an
independent non-profit organization that facilitates
the creation of small, accessible community green and
open space, such as parks and gardens, to address the
inequity of open spaces in Los Angeles’ underserved
neighborhoods, and to ensure community participation
and collaboration in every step of the process of
creating these parks and community gardens.
To create and assist in the sustenance of parks and
community gardens in underserved communities that do
not have such resources.
 To cultivate and sustain community pride and
ownership in these places through neighborhood
participation in the planning, development,
programming and management of these neighborhood parks
and community gardens.
 To create a model for a sustainable infrastructure
that supports communities in ensuring the long-term
success of these places and to ensure that they will
remain parks or community gardens.
 To advocate for greater equity in the distribution of
park resources.
 To influence public policy which promotes and
supports the development of parks and community
gardens in low-income neighborhoods that have long
been neglected.