[Lapg] Permaculture Design Course - Salt Spring Island

Tyrone LaFay biotribecascadia at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 19 13:35:33 PDT 2008

Dear Permie Friends,

Please distribute and pass along the word of this PDC
on Salt Spring Island.  I've known Brandon for nearly
10 years now and he and his wife Pattie have created
an amazing demonstration site of permaculture in
action in the southern Canadian Gulf Islands.  This
course has a great line-up of experienced instructors
at a beautiful venue.

In Community,

Tyrone LaFay
Earthcare Design Solutions
Graduate Candidate
Dept. of Landscape Architecture
College of Environmental Design
Cal Poly Pomona
tlafay at villagedesign.org
909.802.9177
-----------------------------------
Permaculture Design Course
at The Blue Raven Permaculture Homestead, Salt Spring
Island, BC
Sept 8-28, 2008 Three week intensive Permaculture
Design
Certification Course

Create a sustainable human environment for yourself
and the planet.

Instructors: Brandon & Patti Bauer ~ The Blue Raven
Permaculture Farm, Doug, Sam & Yuriko Bullock ~
Bullock’s Permaculture Homestead, Michael Ableman ~
Foxglove Farm, Dan Jason ~ Salt Spring Seeds, Michael
Nickels ~Seven Ravens Permaculture Farm, Jan Steinman
~ EcoReality Co-op, Adam Gold ~ SS Exotic Mushrooms

The Permaculture design course will include 145 hours
of lecture/discussion and hands-on experiential
learning in permaculture. We will explore and
demonstrate different styles and
methods of organic agriculture, eco-forestry,
sustainable energy systems, and self-sustaining
systems in land stewardship and urban living.

The course will delve deeply into;
Permaculture principles & techniques, Soils, Water
Climate,
Pattern observation, Herbology, Microclimates,
Design methodologies, Plant Propagation, Alternative
Energy Systems,
Organic Gardening, Fruit & Nut Trees, Grafting,
Forest Gardens, Earthworks, Mushroom Cultivation,
Ecological Building, Design Tools, Waste Treatment,
Urban Permaculture, Food Preservation, Alternative
Economics.

Gain an in-depth perspective of the world we live in
and how to make a sustainable difference. The Blue
Raven Permaculture Farm is located on 5 beautiful
acres near Mt. Maxwell Provincial Park on Salt Spring
Island. Brandon and Patti have been teaching
Permaculture and
developing their site since 2002. We are pleased to
offer the expertise and diversity of local instructors
and experts in the field of Permaculture.

For more details on instructors, registration and the
course syllabus, please contact theblueraven at shaw.ca,
250 537 0866
Cost: $2150, $1950 if paid in full by June 15th, 2008
Non-residential: $2000, $1900 if paid in full by June
15th, 2008
Includes fully organic delicious meals, camping,
materials, and a design certificate upon completion. A
deposit of $250 (non ref) is due upon registration.
The rest is due by Aug 15th.

Be a better friend, newshound, and