[Lapg] Looking for truly sustainable and regenerative business practices

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 08:33:29 PDT 2008

I am looking for examples of truly sustainable and renewable business practices to put on my web site.  This doesn't mean the entire operation needs to be 100% (does this exist?  I would love to know about any of those!!!)  But some aspect of the business needs to be 100%.  I am most interested in businesses in Southern Calif but it can be anywhere.

By this I mean:

Zero emissions
Zero waste
100% use of true renewable materials in manufacturing process
100% use of true renewables, non toxics, no harmful emissions and/or no waste in building.  This would mean, for example that paint with only 98% non VOC would not count. Only 100%!!!
100% use of renewable energy, office supplies and/or other inputs (like water)

A big draw would be businesses who are actually regenerating in some way - producing more than they consume, renewing land, replenishing water supplies, producing more energy than they use, etc.

A plus would be a web site that shows how they did it or at least some photos of the place.

Even if they only did this in one small corner of the place, like they eliminated the need for any heating, but they still need cooling, I would be interested. The web site is going up within a week, but I will continue to add to this page, so you can send it at any time, it's an ongoing project.

Cory