[Lapg] FW: BVI landmark environmental case - petition for government - pls sign!

Valerie sacks at sacksconsulting.net
Mon May 26 17:48:06 PDT 2008

Hi all -

Mumta Ito is a brilliant attorney who has been working tirelessly on this
cause, which is described below.  They don't have very many signatures on
this and she could really use our help.  Mumta is a graduate of Larry
Santoyo's Permaculture Design Course.

Hi all,

Below is a petition for the BVI government showing support for the
preservation of a rare ecological area of international importance that is
being threatened by a large scale golf course and marina development. I am
respresenting the charity that is opposing this development in court - it is
the first environmental case in the BVI and will set an important precedent
for the region going forward. Please support our cause by taking a few
seconds to sign the petition. In the additional message box - please if you
put "Please agree to quash to Beef Island planning consent without going to
trial", it would be helpful for us!

Please also forward to as many people as you can so that we achieve our
target of 10,000 signatures. Thank you for protecting the earth from
unsuitable exploitation!

With kind regards,

Mumta

Subject: Save British Virgin Islands Marine Area from Resort Development!

Care2 subscriber since [date]

|   <http://go.care2.com/e/4jy0/Ul6J/SadB> Forward to a Friend  |
<http://go.care2.com/e/4jYa/Ul6J/SadB> Sign the Petition

 <http://go.care2.com/e/4jYa/Ul6J/SadB> Care2 Action Alert

 <http://go.care2.com/e/4jYa/Ul6J/SadB> Save Beef Island Marine Area From
Damaging Development!

 <http://go.care2.com/e/4jYa/Ul6J/SadB> It is estimated that 80% of the
British Virgin Islands' mangroves have already been lost.

 <http://go.care2.com/e/4jYa/Ul6J/SadB> Take action >>

 <http://go.care2.com/e/4jYA/Ul6J/SadB> Forward to friends and colleagues >>

Hi [Name],

The beautiful and ecologically unique Beef Island in the British Virgin
Islands is home to numerous plants and animals that contribute to the health
of the marine area.
But a proposed five-star hotel, marina and golf course complex means a full
two-thirds of the land on Beef Island would be developed!
 <http://go.care2.com/e/4jYa/Ul6J/SadB> Register your objection to this
destructive development today! >>
Elusive Caribbean roseate flamingos, rare West Indian whistling-ducks, and
white-cheeked pintail are just a few of the animals whose population numbers
will drop if we don't act now.
If the development moves forward, precious wildlife habitat, including
mangrove, salt pond, terrestrial, and coral reef habitats of Beef Island,
could disappear forever.
The proposed golf course would be within a fisheries-protected area that has
been identified as the only significant and most important nursery habitat
in the entire eastern sector of the British Virgin Islands.
 <http://go.care2.com/e/4jYa/Ul6J/SadB> Tell the British Virgin Islands
Premier you would rather visit an ecologically beautiful region than a
resort that destroys natural habitat. Sign today >>
Thank you for protecting this important marine area.

 From Care2 <http://dingo.care2.com/c2p/RobynE_NewsletterPic.jpg>

Warmly,

Robyn E.
Care2 and ThePetitionSite Team