[Lapg] Reminder/July 1 Early Registration Deadline for Southern California Permaculture Convergence/August 29-31, 2008

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Fri Jun 27 09:45:45 PDT 2008

Hello Everyone-

Just a reminder of the July 1st deadline for early registration (and
discount) for the Southern California Permaculture Convergence.

The Southern California Permaculture Convergence website is now ready
for direct registration on-line.  A discount is offered to those
paying in full on-line by July 1, 2008.  This Convergence does
require a PDC (72 hour Permaculture Design Course) to attend.

Please read below for all the information and details, and respond
immediately (on-line to So Calif Convergence website only) if you
have interest as space is limited.

Southern California Permaculture Convergence website:
http://socalifornia.permacultureconvergence.org/

[]

Please Save the Date!
1st Annual Southern California Permaculture Convergence
August 29-31, 2008

Dear Permaculture Community,

We would like to invite PDC graduates to the 1st Annual Southern
California Permaculture Convergence, August 29-31, 2008, hosted by
the Santa Barbara Permaculture Network and Quail Springs Learning
Oasis and Permaculture Farm.

We hope to kick-start this effort of a Regional Convergence, allowing
others to take over in the future. As organizers for this first
convergence we hope to move past any barriers caused by lack of time,
available sites, or even teacher territories that might exist, and
instead just recognize the work and accomplishments of all, and
proceed from there with the important work around connecting
individuals and communities in the region.  We feel a certain urgency
in these times, but feel permaculture and our amazingly creative
permaculuture community in Southern California is up to the task!

We have been working hard to accomplish organizing this event with
little time, so we ask for your patience.  Please visit the
Convergence website for more information and registration.
http://socalifornia.permacultureconvergence.org/

A discount is offered with full payment when you register online
before July 1st.   Please note that the Convergence will be limited
to 50, because of site restrictions, and you must have a Permaculture
Design Course certificate (72 hour Curriculum certificate) to attend.

If you have any images you would like to share (with captions)
of  your permaculture site or projects, we would love to highlight
those by having them be a part of the Southern California Convergence
website.  Please forward images to our webmaster, John Calvert
<mailto:jc at virtualtribes.net>jc at virtualtribes.net.

An ad is in the current issue of the Permaculture Activist.  We hope
you can join us at a groundbreaking event for our region.

 From the Convergence  hosting team-

Margie Bushman & Wes Roe
Santa Barbara Permaculture Network

and

Kolmi Majumdar & Warren Brush
Quail Springs Learning Oasis and Permaculture Farm
Email <mailto:info at quailsprings.org>info at quailsprings.org,
www.quailsprings.org, Phone 805-886-7239