[Lapg] Southern California Permaculture Convergence/August 29-31, 2008, Discount price deadline July 1

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun Jun 29 23:39:51 PDT 2008

Southern California Permaculture Convergence/August 29-31, 2008,
Discount price deadline July 1

Hello Everyone
Please go to the website and register and pay by July 1 $150, after
July 1, $200 per person for camping and food.

The  Convergence does require a PDC (72 hour Permaculture Design
Course) to attend.

Please read below for all the information and details, and respond
immediately if you have interest as space is limited.  You may do
this by visiting the Convergence website
at:
<http://socalifornia.permacultureconvergence.org/>http://socalifornia.permacultureconvergence.org/

Margie Bushman & Wes Roe
Santa Barbara Permaculture Network

Please Save the Date!
1st Annual Southern California Permaculture Convergence
August 29-31, 2008

Dear Permaculture Community,

We would like to invite PDC graduates to the 1st Annual Southern
California Permaculture Convergence, August 29-31, 2008, hosted by
the Santa Barbara Permaculture Network and Quail Springs Learning
Oasis and Permaculture Farm.

Guest speakers, Brad Lancaster and Geoff Lawton, will share expertise
working in Drylands.

Honored long time Permaculture teachers from Southern California
invited as special guests: Larry Santoyo, Bill Roley, Ed Mendoza
(currently residing in Arizona, born and raised in Santa Barbara),
and Gabriel Howearth (Baja California).

We hope to kick-start this effort of a Regional Convergence, allowing
others to take over in the future. As organizers for this first
convergence we hope to move past any barriers caused by lack of time,
available sites, or even teacher territories that might exist, and
instead just recognize the work and accomplishments of all, and
proceed from there with the important work around connecting
individuals and communities in the region.  We feel a certain urgency
in these times, but feel permaculture and our amazingly creative
permaculuture community in Southern California is up to the task!
We have been working hard to accomplish organizing this event with
little time, so we ask for your patience.  Please visit the
Convergence website for more information and registration.
<http://socalifornia.permacultureconvergence.org/>http://socalifornia.permacultureconvergence.org/

A discount is offered with full payment when you register online
before July 1st.   Please note that the Convergence will be limited
to 50, because of site restrictions, and you must have a Permaculture
Design Course certificate (72 hour Curriculum certificate) to attend.

If you have any images you would like to share (with captions)
of  your permaculture site or projects, we would love to highlight
those by having them be a part of the Southern California Convergence
website.  Please forward images to our webmaster, John Calvert
<mailto:jc at virtualtribes.net>jc at virtualtribes.net.

An ad is in the current issue of the Permaculture Activist.  We hope
you can join us at a groundbreaking event for our region.

  From the Convergence  hosting team-

Margie Bushman & Wes Roe
Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
and
Kolmi Majumdar and Warren Brush
Quail Springs Learning Oasis and Permaculture Farm
Email <mailto:info at quailsprings.org>info at quailsprings.org,
www.quailsprings.org, Phone 805-886-7239