[Lapg] LAPG Newsletter

Taylor Arneson taylorist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 17:29:44 PDT 2008

G'Day,

I want to thank Jenifer Murphy for starting this Newsletter, and those
people who have helped me over the past year, contributing ideas, listings,
videos, articles and events. I enjoyed piecing it together and hearing it
was useful for readers. I would like to extend that positive (or negative)
feedback as i pass the torch to the new editor, Larry Santoyo and his team.
Larry is an environmental designer, land use planner, business consultant,
permaculture designer and teacher. I look forward to observing the growth of
the Los Angeles Permaculture Guild Newsletter under his direction.

A few things this week :

Tuesday 7/29 : *Treading lighter with low-carbon diets, * Time: 6:30-8:30PM
Location: Santa Monica Public Library  601 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica,
CA 90401  FREE, RSVPs appreciated: traci at sustainablesm.org

Wednesday 7/30 : James Taylor at the Greek Theater, 8pm

Thursday 7/31 : *Citizen Artists Making Emphatic Argument, 11:30am - 5pm *The
18th Street Art Center continues its tradition of presenting politically and
socially engaged visual art with its four-part exhibition series *Future of
Nations*, an interdisciplinary examination of the hot-button issues of the
day. July 12-September 13, 2008

Friday 8/1 :* *Santa Monica Critical Mass (free) 6:30pm – 10:30pm Santa
Monica Pier (at top of pier ramp), Colorado Blvd. and Ocean Ave., Santa
Monica

Saturday 8/2 : 10am - 12noon, $25 Learn to identify and use some common
chaparral and riparian plants in a unique "urban wilderness" location.
Arroyo Seco, north of the Rose Bowl, Pasadena. Meet at the SW corner of
Washington and West. [Thomas Guide pg. 565, E1]

Sunday 8/3 : Public Fruit Jam 2008 (free) 12pm – 3pm, machine project; 1200
D North Alvarado Street, Los Angeles, Ca . . . . "Making jam with the Fallen
Fruit collective is becoming one of our favorite summertime traditions!
Bring along your home-grown or public fruit and any clean, empty glass jars
you have.

And On Monday August 11th, 2008 at 6:30pm at the Santa Monica Main Library's
Multi-purpose room to learn about the history of water in the LA basin, as
well as permacultural strategies to reuse and harvest as much water as you
possibly can.  We will learn all about swales, rain gardens, water storage,
greywater and more.

Hooroo,

Taylor R Arneson