[Lapg] Advanced Pc course_Regenerative Forestry & Natural Building

Tyrone LaFay biotribecascadia at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 02:34:50 PDT 2008

Greetings permies!

Here is a opportunity to learn forestry from Tom Ward in his home range!
Mark your calendar for this advanced permaculture and natural building course in October, as I hope to see you there.

Please pass this on to friends who may be intrested in being a part of this gathering. I've also attached a flyer in a word doc.

feel free to contact me with questions or comments
in Community,

Rob Van Arsdale
Earthen Accents
901 22nd.street
Bellingham Wa.98225
Rob at earthenaccents.com
Come and experience A permaculture advanced certificate course and plastering workshop in southern oregon.
Facilitated by Tom Ward and Rob Van Arsdale
Seven days Friday October 3rd through Thursday October. 9th 2008

Cost: Seven day advanced PC certificate $700 - $750 (sliding scale).
Includes:  Three day natural building intensive Oct 3rd- Oct 5th $400-$450

An advanced certificate is available for Permaculture Design Course graduates who complete the week.  Others can have the certificate held until they have a PCDC certificate.  Open to all who have a working knowledge of Permaculture. Tom Ward will discuss and illustrate Regenerative Forestry through topics including Co-evolution and human managed forests, Understory opportunities, Reading the forest, Complexity and metastability, Wildlife and landscape cycles and more…. We will do hands on with willow rods, fir poles and charcoal.

Anyone is welcome to attend the first weekend of plastering and natural building.  The Natural building component of the course is focused on site preparation, adobe floor creation, hands on plastering and finishing techniques and restoration work as we will be working on Tom’s forestry research station.

Check out the flyer for additional information or contact
rob at earthenaccents.com  or tomward at mind.net