[Lapg] This Weeked: Cob Oven Workshop and Full Moon Drum Circle

Rachel Dawson pathofservice at ojaifoundation.org
Wed Aug 13 14:35:21 PDT 2008

*Saturday, August 16th*
*9:00 am - 5:00 pm*
*Cob Oven Workshop, Day 1*
Learn the basics of earth oven building following techniques developed by
Ianto Evans.  We'll be constructing a 27" Cob Oven near our kitchen kiva for
lots of fun community cooking!  This technique was passed down by Justin
Krimse of Quail Springs Permaculture Farm.  We're looking forward to some
creative bread making and pizza parties!!!

Bag lunch
Potluck Following

*Join us for a Full Moon Drum Circle in our Deep Kiva at 9:00 pm  Saturday
night!*

Free Overnight Camping

*Sunday, August 17th*
*12:00 pm - 5:00 pm*
*Cob Oven Workshop, Day 2*
We're taking the morning off to enjoy the Ojai Farmer's Market, then
continuing the outer layers of  the earth oven.  Luckily creating cob takes
water, so we'll be keeping ourselves cool!

These are the first 2 days of our summer work retreat and we welcome your
participation for one or both of these days.
$50 per day
or just come for the free Drum Circle and bring your friends!

*Please r.s.v.p. to this email
(**pathofservice at ojaifoundation.org*<pathofservice at ojaifoundation.org>
*) or call Rachel at (805) 646-8343 x134 so that we are prepared for your
arrival.*

**
*

*--
"If there is any positive side to stark changes coming our way, it may be in
the benefits of close communal relations, of having to really work
intimately (and physically) with our neighbors, to be part of an enterprise
that really matters and to be fully engaged in meaningful social enactments
instead of being merely entertained to avoid boredom.

Years from now, when we hear singing at all, we will hear ourselves, and we
will sing with our whole hearts."

"The Long Emergency", 2005, by James Howard Kunstler, Grove/Atlantic, Inc.,
publisher.