[Lapg] plant sale! omg! Please forward!

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 15:31:31 PDT 2008

Please forward this to your fruit tree loving friends.

Yes, I am in Florida now, but there are still a few lonely plants at the food forest, just begging for a home.  Please, please, take one home!   We have not found a nursery yet that wants them.  If anyone has any ideas about that, please let me know.  Come by and make an offer, take a beautiful plant home. We are not making a profit, this is a fire sale. We still have a number of mature trees, ready to be beautiful in your yard and bear fruit fast, including:

Papaya
Ice Cream Bean (exotic - these are so fun - big fruit that you cut open and eat the inside with a spoon like vanilla ice cream, yum)
Carpathian walnut
Green Malaysian Guava (heavenly taste, with a bit of tartness and large so you can get a lot of fruit, and hardy plants)
Hawaian Pine Guava
White Guava
Mulberry
Lemon
Tangerine
Three kinds of pear
Jelly palm (bears fruit)
Pomegranate
Kei Apple (from Africa, drought tolerant, bears apricot like fruit, fun, but has thorns!)

Smaller
Pomegranates
Cherry
Assorted other things

Please come by and get one of these plants if you have been thinking about it.  Now is the time!  Make payments if you don't have the cash, we will deal.  We want these plants to have a home!

Saturday, 23 Aug, 10AM to noon.
7919 Glenties Lane
Sunland, 91040

If you can't make it on Saturday, call or write Cathy Bersier, at ctbersier at earthlink.net  or 818-726-0677, she can make arrangements to meet you there when it's convenient for both of you.

Wow, the plants in Florida are so cool!!  I have a plant with leaves two feet wide outside my window.  The vines have leaves a foot wide, there is that flowing moss stuff on the trees, and green everywhere, very lush.  Going to plant some herbs and tomatoes and see what happens....

Cory