[Lapg] 9/15 - Full day of Rainwater Harvesting Fun

westside permaculture westsidepermies at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 08:38:53 PDT 2008

 On Monday September 15th, we are all in for a treat.  This will be a day
filled with Rainwater Harvesting demonstrations and learning opportunities.

>From 9-4pm, ARCSA (American Rainwater Catchment Systems Association) will be
offering a hands-on Rainwater Harvesting workshop that is open to the
general public.  The cost is $50 and you can sign up through the link
below.  If you have ever thought of installing a rain barrel at your home,
this is your chance to learn how.  Other techniques to catch and store
rainwater will be discussed as well.

http://www.arcsa.org/2008conference.html

Starting at 6:30pm, Brad Lancaster, author of "Rainwater Harvesting for
Drylands and Beyond" will be speaking at the Santa Monica Main Library in
the Multi-purpose room.  Brad is a fantastic presenter and will have a lot
of valuable information on how to harvest Rainwater the Permaculture way.
This event is presented by  Sustainable Santa Monica and Westside
Permaculture Gatherings.  The event is FREE but we ask everyone to please
buy a copy of his book beforehand at www.harvestingrainwater.com and bring
it to the library.

I have also attached a flyer of the Brad Lancaster event at the library,
please feel free to print it out and post it in your local community.
Looking forward to seeing you all there.