[Lapg] Fw: UN Petition for FREE Land for Sustainable Farming

steve williams steelheadwig at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 20:10:55 PST 2009

hmmmm... interesting food for thought(plot?)  ...sorry ( ;

 I think this petition is well-intentioned but I echo Scott's concern.  There are numerous ecosystems which have evolved for millennia to support a specialized flora and fauna, even in "...presumably unusable, marginal, even arid land."  This is strictly a human-centric view of landscapes.   Not so sure I support the "Greening of the Desert", etc.   I kinda like it sandy brown.

Thoughts?

---S