[Lapg] Construction of a Sepp Holzer inspired Crater Garden will be added to Community Farm Day.

Sean Jennings swjennings at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 20:01:55 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

We have an exciting addition to our Community Farm Day.  I recently returned
from a few workshops by Austrian rebel farmer Sepp Holzer and let me tell
you, that guy is amazing.  Through his simple curiosity of nature, he has
revolutionized the way food is grown.  He did not learn his method through
books, he learned it the old fashioned way, by learning from what nature has
to teach us.  Well, I learned how to construct his Crater Garden and we will
be beginning construction on that project this Saturday, from 10-4 along
with planting fruit and nut trees in the forest garden.  There is a site on
my property that is just perfect for such an endeavor and I feel lucky
enough to be able to share what I know.

The catch is there will be an excavator onsite digging the crater garden.
So it will not be as peaceful as a normal day on the property.  But it will
still be nice to be outside in our warm southern California sun as we have
fun planting trees and learning about crater gardens in the spirit of
community and abundance.

So once again please bring a potluck dish to share and water to drink.
Please email for directions, we are located up Latigo Canyon in Malibu.  We
would like to organize carpools so please include where you are coming from
and if you can offer/need ride.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Sean