[Lapg] Cob workparty with a-bun-dance

Ray Cirino cobanation at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 6 21:17:53 PDT 2009

Ray Cirino’s  Butt House Cob Workshop

­
 Why hasn’t anyone really made a restroom fun and educational? How come when there is a composting toilet made its hidden away in the woods with hardly any details to make it last in your mind?
 We plan on changing all the myths and scary things that have been attached to resting in that room. They call it that to avoid scaring people or calling it a bathroom to avoid dealing with that so called problem. Well now you can help yourself in learning cob and composting in our first cob workshop here at Water Woman Gardens. Serious attention will be put to
 this structure and the importance of composting. First it will resemble a butt so it’s easy to know what it is and we all know what that does.  Second it will have no smell except for gardenia, roses, mint, or lavender that surround it. Third the hardware details will mimic the microbs that digest the nutrients. The roof  a living roof  able to catch  rainwater for the garden. The shape of the entrance uses the venturi effect to stream a breeze in with an updraft from the passive solar glass blocks heating the floor. Let’s make this workshop  a fun way to solve the problems and rid the myths of restrooms once and for all.

When: April 14 and 15th at 9:00am-5:00PM

Where: 3983 East Blvd. Mar Vista, CA 90066

How much: $40 for the weekend

What to bring: Most tools are here as we mostly use our hands. Make sure you bring a note pad, old clothes-shoes, food for rocket stove cooker (veggies), sense
 of humor and a friend.

Note: You are invited for free after your initial class to continue the project including plaster, living roof, fine woodworking, and composting techniques until the butt is completed. For more information on all the things you’ll be learning check out: http://people.tribe.net/raycirino/photos

Call: 818-834-7074 RSVP by sending check or money order to Ray Cirino
3983 East Blvd. Mar Vista, CA 90066  . Maximum 30 cobbers.

Children welcome!

Last weekend we had the best workshop ever.

The Great Challenges we now face as a species present the very opportunities that are giving birth to Ecological, Psychological, and Spiritual Sustainability.