[Lapg] Fw: Native Tree planting at Rio De Los Angeles State Park! This Sat 9-1

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 16 13:49:27 PDT 2009

The Green Apple Festival is a huge Earth Day
celebration taking place this weekend across the country.  There are events ocurring all over LA.  Come BE the change you wish to SEE in the world!  Find out  more at
http://www.greenapplemusicfestival.com/

Volunteer in East Los Angeles for the Green Apple Festival Earth day celebration uniting local organizations (NorthEast Trees) and community volunteers (YOU!) to build habitat for  wildlife along the Los Angeles River!   We need more volunteers to get all those precious seedlings in the ground!
Here are the details:

Native Plant Identification and Restoration
Join Northeast Trees in learning about our rich native habitats. We will protect and restore the local plantscape by preparing the soil and planting native seedlings. This activity will take place in and around a unique riparian (river-side) area. Participants will be exposed to a large collection of native plants, including Annual sunflowers, Arrow weed, Arroyo willow, California poppy, California rose, and more. For more information:
http://www.northeasttrees.org/ns/calendar/ViewEvent.asp?EventId=79

Volunteers receive gift bags, a raffle ticket for passes to see the new Disney Earth movie, and free tickets to the Roxy for a special 4/19 show with Cary Brothers and friends!

Internet registration is closed.  Feel free to show up and we'll sign you in at the event!  Spread the word!

Location: Rio De Los Angeles State Park
1900 San Fernando Road
Los Angeles, CA

Call Simran for details:  323-441-8634 x 24 or simran at northeasttrees.org