[Lapg] Hands-on workshops for May

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 1 08:23:50 PDT 2009

Happy May Day!

Please join us OUTSIDE for two hands-on permaculture related workshops in May.

May 9th - Learn to identify and use local plant allies
We'll meet in a shady spot in Griffith Park where we'll learn the basics of plant identification and taxonomy (very useful for garden designers!) then we will hike up the trail (moderate ascent) and put our new skills to the test!  We will stop for a snack break and taste some of the wild edibles we've gathered along the way.
9:30-12 (end is approximate)
$10-15 suggested doncation
Contact  info at projectbutterfly.org  to register

May 16th- Food Forests For All!
In honor of the Gardens of Gratitude event on the Westside we will be installing the fruit trees for a food forest at Arcadia High School.  In the morning (9:30 to 11:30) we will cover the theory  and principles of food forestry design.  We will expand our sheet mulched area and plant the trees in the afternoon.  Come play in the dirt!
9:30-3
$20 suggested donation
Contact  mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net  to register

"...the greatest change we need to make is from consumption to production, even if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do this, there is enough for everyone.

Hence the futility of revolutionaries who have no gardens, who depend on the very system they attack, and who produce words and bullets, not food and shelter."

- Bill Mollison