[Lapg] request for interviewees for high school class

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 5 14:49:02 PDT 2009

Hey all, my students are working on a semester project involving disaster planning.  As part of their requirements I want them to interview someone who works (or is knowledgeable about) fields like guerilla gardening, edible landscaping, organic farming, rainwater harvesting, gray water systems, alternative building, alternative energy (and energy conservation strategies), building community, local economy, permaculture design, and anything else that might be useful for avoiding some of the negative impacts of a natural disaster.
I am requesting people who would be willing to let my students ask a few questions via phone or email that could help them with their designs.  If you would be willing to let me give your contact info to select groups of my students (you can specify if you only want one group or as many as three) I would be ever so grateful.  You will have the distinct pleasure of knowing that your time, speciality, and information is valued by young people who have a vision of how the future could be.   If you want to play send me your contact info and your speciality.
Here's to encouraging young people as an essential part of the solution!
Thanks!
Joan

"...the greatest change we need to make is from consumption to production, even if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do this, there is enough for everyone.
Hence the futility of revolutionaries who have no gardens, who depend on the very system they attack, and who produce words and bullets, not food and shelter."

- Bill Mollison