[Lapg] volunteers needed Thurs & Sat converting lawn

jocelyngraf at proficia.seoul.kr jocelyngraf at proficia.seoul.kr
Wed May 20 06:45:16 PDT 2009

Forwarded for a friend, Nichole:

Hi all,
My housemates and I are rearing up to grow some food at Casita El Mio
and I have finally found a truck to borrow to pick up composted horse
stuff from the equestrian center to use for topsoil.

I'll have the
truck on Thursday and hopefully Saturday and plan to drop off a load
Thursday at a house near Farifax and Melrose for a new garden ex-ing
out some lawn!!!, and then a 2nd load at mine. We'll be tired after
the first one, and could really use some help with this!

Here's the gig:

9:30-11am Thursday (520 N. Sierra Bonita Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90036)
1:30-3pm Thursday (5916 el mio, full directions below)
10:30am-noon Sat (el mio)

(just an hour of your help would be amazing, more people = less time. I
have multiple shovels and will borrow a wheel-barrow)

Come over, help shovel and wheel compost from truck into the yard.
Have a beer or a lemonade or both and be a part of building the
foundation for the gardens that will enrich the lives of many and
bring the food from the yard to the table.

(First address is actual conversion of lawn to food garden. Second
address has no grass and will just involve spreading manure for
existing garden.)

Many thanks, and please tell me if you think you can come so I can
plan ahead and update you on timing!

Nichole
310-968-4811
Casita El Mio
5916 El Mio Dr
Highland Park 90042
(2 blocks from metro gold line Highland Park station)