[Lapg] Mud, Magic & Manifestation: Natural Building & Magic Workshop for Women

Living Mandala livingmandala at livingmandala.com
Sat May 23 11:45:55 PDT 2009

Mud, Magic and Manifestation:
Natural Building and Magic Workshop for Women

May 29-31, 2009

With Starhawk & Sage Mata

Cazadero, N. California

Including

NATURAL BUILDING, MAGIC & RITUAL, LIGHT STRAW CLAY, WADDLE ‘N AUB,
COB, NATURAL PLASTERS, HANDS-ON ACTION-LEARNING, SONG, CIRCLES FOR WOMEN

Course Description

Get down, get dirty and get covered in mud in the beautiful Cazadero
Hills, for a magical weekend learning the ancient building skills of
our ancestors.  We’ll work with cob—sculpted clay, sand and straw, as
well as light straw clay, waddle and daub, and natural plasters to
learn practical skills we can use in building low-cost, low-carbon,
beautiful structures from the Earth.   We’ll learn truly down-to-earth
skills and share ritual celebration,  empowering ourselves to create
shelter and spaces, within and without.  And as a circle of women, we
will support one another to be strong, creative, and empowered to
manifest our visions and make our dreams real!

Course Details

The magic and power of how to create, both visible and invisible, is
part of the life-giving powers that we, as women all carry within us.
This Women’s Weekend Workshop will explore different ways of building
homes, sisterhoods, and our lives.  In this Introduction to Natural
Building workshop, we will discuss theory of Natural Building and
mostly get real, hands-on experience working with several different
techniques, including: cob, light-straw-clay, waddle and daub, green
retrofitting and finish plasters.  We will learn how we can care for
the Earth and for ourselves through the structures in which we dwell –
living with a big heart but yet a small footprint!  And throughout the
weekend we will integrate ritual, magic, and celebration in a sacred
circle of women.  From dancing in the mud, sculpting out of the Earth,
and dancing in spirals, this course will have the power to change our
lives and manifest our dreams!

Facilitators & Instructors

Starhawk

Starhawk is a committed global justice activist, organizer, speaker,
teacher, and the author or coauthor of ten books. Starhawk is founder
of Earth Activist Training, and travels internationally teaching
magic, the tools of ritual, and the skills of activism for diverse
groups, communities and audiences. Starhawk is perhaps best known as
an articulate voice in the revival of earth-based spirituality and
Goddess religion. Besides her inspiring, much-read books, she is a
cofounder of Reclaiming, an activist branch of modern Pagan religion,
and continues to work closely with the Reclaiming community. Her works
include The Spiral Dance, long considered the essential text for the
Neo-Pagan movement, and the now-classic ecotopian novel, The Fifth
Sacred Thing . A personal favorite is award-winning Webs of Power:
Notes from the Global Uprising. Starhawk's latest book is The Earth
have been translated into many languages, while her essays are
reprinted across the world, and have been included in numerous
anthologies. Her writing is influential and has been quoted by many
hundreds of other authors, from magazines to trade and academic press.
Her books are often used in college curriculums.

Sage Mata

Sage is a permaculture designer, earthen builder, gardener, teacher
and community organizer passioned by her love of the Earth.  With
nature and community as her teachers and inspiration, she spreads her
laughter and light as she works to reflect the harmonious and
regenerative patterns of nature into human design systems. She earned
a Bachelor’s degree of Ecopsychology at the University of California,
Santa Cruz, where she taught a UCSC course of Ecopsychology and Social
Change and co-facilitated a UCSC cob bench building workshop in 2004.
She received her Permaculture Design Cerificate in 2004 through the
Earth Activist Training (www.earthactivisttraining.org) and has then
been involved in various permaculture projects from British Colombia
to Argentina.  She worked as a natural building site leader at O.U.R
Ecovillage (www.ourecovillage.org) and co-manager of the bountiful
gardens at GingerHill farm/retreat center on the Big Island of Hawai’i
(www.gingerhillfarm.com).  Emily has worked for several organizations,
such as the Homeless Garden Project (www.homelessgardenproject.org)
and the Garden Path Project of Berkeley Youth Alternatives (www.byaonline.org/heat)
.  Sage has recently completed a Permaculture Teacher’s Training
Course at the Bullock’s Homestead, WA. Currently, she is an associate
of Gaia University, earning her Master’s in Integrative EcoSocial
Design, where she is studying action-learning as a system to integrate
patterns of consciousness and the development of culture.

Contact

For questions and more information regarding the course

e-mail: sage at livingmandala.com or

call: (707) 634-1461

For more information visit: www.LivingMandala.com