[Lapg] A Permaculture food forest in the land of Abraham Lincoln?

charon nogues trickypoodle at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 17:00:44 PDT 2009

Good day LAPG*
Very few of you know me. Steve William's and Larry Santoyo have even been to our community creative space in Lincoln Heights.I got to hob nob with a couple of you when I made it out to the Gardens of gratitude's final push at Alicia Ziff's house in Venice.I was the mad woman wielding the pick ( I still need to get me one of those )
However I'd love pool some talent from this beautiful body of brains and brawn. It's way late in the game to be planting a garden. But at least if I can have some help setting up some raised concrete chunk beds and some educated guesses, I'd be mighty thankful. I'm on my own here @ hm157 and can't seem to get it done by myself.
I need to tap into any cheap and free stuff like dirt and compost. We have some of Tim's good stuff from Altadena's and old hay. I'll get the rest of the grass off and cover it with cardboard and coffee grounds. I need wet stuff too.
We're set up for DJs/bands/movies/etc inside and outside. We could make it a fab party.In return I can be summoned to help garden and allow the LAPG crew to use our magical space at some point for a private event or fundraiser.
Anyone game?
Warmly,Sister Charon Nogues*562 895-9399
hm157 (historical monument)3110 N. BroadwayLos Angeles, 90031