[Lapg] kalili dome to pass in 29 palms

CURTIS BLANKINSHIP curtis.blankinship at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 15:44:52 PDT 2009

permagang
The 29 palms california building and safety department has said they will
approve almost anything with an engineers stamp including earthbag
constructiion. I had an engineer  update the plans and stamp them and will
submit them next week. They should pass.
 The problem is that most plan checkers are not engineers. Most engineers do
not remember the shell calcs needed to understand kalili. My guy sent it to
an engineering teacher who went way beyond what was needed. They also tried
to apply geodesics to it but it uses a parabola.
I also took it to an engineer in watts. I was hoping they would want to use
kalilis eaqarth one that has been passed for e=residential construction.
The watts architects as well as my contractor friends think they would have
to train people to use  technology that saves about 30% on building costs.
Anyway, if you know of jobs up for bid you can undercut the competition and
your client can be less dependent on the bank if you can sell the concept.
Its wide open. access to sustaiinable architecture is a keystone in the
struggle for environmental/ economic justice. now, since I can build this
thing without a huge loan from the bank I can rent it out cheap.

Also, is anyone interested in proposing legislation that would give tax
breaks to unused land owners if they allowed csa's on land until it is sold?
How do I do this? I guess I will start with a letter to Janice Hahn.
I know they don't deserve tax breaks but banks and taxes are areas where we
might be able to finesse conservatives. while I don't agree with
conservatives i also don't follow any one philosophy. They don't realize we
are fighting the same enemy; corporations. When they wake from their
daze they will need direction.
curtis