[Lapg] Seeking assistance with landscape planning for home in La Canada Flintridge

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Mon Aug 24 01:31:56 PDT 2009

Posted to LAPG on behalf of Debra Cohn (debracohn at charter.net):

My elderly parents, my brother and I live in a house on about ½ acre of land
in La Canada Flintridge (between Pasadena and Glendale). The landscaping is
in bad shape – dying ivy leaving dirt embankments exposed; grass won’t grow,
etc. We would like to create a native, bird-friendly, drought-resistant
landscape with a kitchen garden and inconspicuous compost area. We have no
idea where to start, what exactly is needed, or how much any of this might
cost. We are hoping to find a volunteer to get us started with a plan, with
the possibility of paid work once we know what is needed and how much it
would cost. If interested, please contact Debra at debracohn at charter.net.