[Lapg] Mark Lakeman of CityRepair joins the Westside Permies on 9/14

Sean Jennings swjennings at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 05:52:05 PDT 2009

 Mark Lakeman - City Repair Project
 Event Details - Donations needed (See Below)

Time: September 14,
2009<http://westsidepermies.ning.com/events/event/listByDate?date=2009-09-14>from
6pm to 9pm
Location: Santa Monica Main
Library<http://westsidepermies.ning.com/events/event/listByLocation?location=Santa+Monica+Main+Library>
Street: *601 Santa Monica Blvd*
City/Town: *Santa Monica
Cost: Free at the Door, but asking for $5 donation beforehand to help cover
costs, go to Paypal<https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=TGn9LWgwJ--iF86FhDNQB_8E5NroqSbS36v9iaPC-5446w_FNl02QQHv2ta&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1fca8cb0621aa94a5f6fa451543ea8737723e84f3b2eb6e293>and
donate today
*
  Event Description

Storyteller, Community Visionary, & Founder of Portland City Repair will be
joining us at the Santa Monica Main Library on September 14th.

During the day, Mark will be at the Dudley Triangle Intersection Repair in
Venice off of Main and Dudley near Rose where citizen activists will be
transforming a blighted piece of property into a new urban gathering place.
Be sure to take part in that project during the day and then join us at the
library at night.

At 6:30pm at the SM Main Library, Mark shares with us a slideshow full of
inspiration and hope. The City Repair Project is a group of citizens and
neighbors, doctors and gardeners, you and me, who have transformed the
communities in which they live.

This night promises to been fun and informative, and hopefully lead to a
City Repair Project of our own. See you all there. Potluck starts at 6.
Please bring lots and lots of food, especially something put together from
your garden.

The slideshow/Lecture will take place in the Multipurpose room on the Second
floor of the library. The library is located at 601 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa
Monica.

This event is FREE, because the library does not allow us to accept
donations, however, we are still asking you to contribute what you can.  If
we all pitch in $5, we can cover the cost of his visit together.   Please
submit a donation before the event to this
Paypal<https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=TGn9LWgwJ--iF86FhDNQB_8E5NroqSbS36v9iaPC-5446w_FNl02QQHv2ta&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1fca8cb0621aa94a5f6fa451543ea8737723e84f3b2eb6e293>donation
form and all money will go towards paying for Mark's visit.

*Join the Westside Permies*

If you haven't done so already, join the Westside Permie group and stay
informed on ways you can make a difference in your own community.  Join at
http://westsidepermies.ning.com/