[Lapg] First Bioneers Conference Simulcast in LA : OCT 16-18

Midori Takata midori at projectbutterfly.org
Tue Oct 6 13:07:03 PDT 2009

Hello,

My name is Midori, I am co-founder of an organization called Project
Butterfly.org.  I am emailing  you today to let you and your colleagues know
about a wonderful and important event coming for the first time to the City
of LA: The Bioneers Conference Simulcast. [Bioneers website:
www.bioneers.org]

This event will take place October 16-18

at the Downtown Independent Theater: 251 S. Main Street, Los Angeles Ca
90012

Tickets: $15-$100 [Early bird discounts through Oct13]

Official LA EVENT Website: www.labeaming.org

Featuring:

LIVE SIMULCAST OF 15 PLENARY PRESENTATIONS:
Headlining this year's event are nationally prominent luminaries, some of
whom include:

Andrew Weil M.D.: international bestselling author and considered the
nation¹s foremost authority on holistic medicine.

Michael Pollan: award-winning author and one of the most influential
thinkers on food and agriculture.

Jerome Ringo: president of the Apollo Alliance, and the first
African-American to head a major conservation organization, the National
Wildlife Federation

and many others

LIVE LA PRESENTATIONS and PANELS on SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES, LA WATER and LA
TRANSPORTATION featuring:
Woodrow Clark, MA3, Ph.D.: Nobel Peace Prize Recipient, Renewable Energy
Advisor for Gray Davis

Larry Santoyo: land use planner and green business consultant.  Larry is
among the most experienced Permacutlure Designers and Educators in the US.

Nuri Katz: UCLA Sustainability Coordinator

Alex Fay: LA Mayor's Office, Clean Tech/Zip Car Liaison

Dennis Alen: LAStreetCar.org

Hilary Norton: Executive Director, FastLA.org

Denny Zane: MoveLA

and  others

PLUS
LIVE ENTERTAINMENT