[Lapg] Fw: Greywater Design and Installation Course in Los Angeles Nov 9-13

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 9 20:52:12 PDT 2009

                    November 9, 2009 - 8:00am - November 13, 2009 - 5PM

Location: Los Angeles, CABrought to you by the Greywater Guerillas

This course is designed for people with either basic plumbing,
landscaping, or permaculture skills who want to learn how to design and
build simple, economical residential greywater systems  This course will prepare you to be a certified
greywater installer. You will learn about the theory behind simple and
high-end systems including the indoor use of greywater. We’ll cover basic plumbing and landscaping skills needed for the four types of common
simple greywater systems. You will learn how to conduct a site
assessment, determine which system to install and how to maintain
existing systems. Additionally you’ll learn about what plants do best
with greywater and the do’s and don’t of residential greywater reuse.
By the end of the course you will know about proper installation of
code compliant washing machine, single fixture, and simple systems
under the new CA state code.
There will be an optional exam and installation for people wishing
to be certified and listed on our website. We're in the process of
upgrading our site and it will include an "installer's page" with
contact info for graduates of our course, as well as an internal list
serve for installers to share info, experiences, and get support.for more info http://www.greencactus.org/pdf/greywater_la_nov9.pdf

To Register: www.greencactus.org
Cost: $595CONTACT
Derrick Chapman
818-687-1323
dc at greencactus.org

   "To live outside the law, you must be honest"...Bob Dylan

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----