[Lapg] urban biodynamics workshop this Saturday

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 13 19:24:31 PDT 2009

for the few of you who are not attending our first ever local Bioneers live streaming event this fri, sat, and sunday here's another great option:
URBAN BIODYNAMICS

An Interactive workshop with Dory Rindge

Saturday, October 17, 9:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.

Rudolf
 Steiner Community Center ,
110 Martin Alley, Pasadena ,
91105.  That is in Old Town Pasadena off of Delacey- the alley between
Twin Palms Restaurant and the public parking structure.

Suggested donation: $20/$25

9:30 – 12:30: Introduction to biodynamics, current applications and field
research

2 – 4: Practical techniques and hands-on experience

During this workshop we will utilize the concepts brought by Rudolf Steiner in
1924 to our urban landscape. What can we do, right here in
 Los Angeles , to spread the healing and
revitalizing effects of the biodynamic preparations? Beginning with an
historical account and tracing the growth of this movement, we will look at the
current agricultural applications of biodynamics and ongoing field research
projects. Then, looking into our own backyards, patios or porches, we will
discover ways to incorporate food and flower production into our immediate
environment, using these principles. Many general gardening topics will be
covered, including: community garden networks in
 Los Angeles county, container gardening
basics, transplanting practice (yes, your hands will get dirty!) and more.
There will be something for each participant to take home and nurture into
maturity and the day will end with an hour of stirring a biodynamic preparation
as a way to begin the transformation! Bring a 2-gallon pail to the afternoon
session for transporting your preparation home.

 Dory Rindge is an artist and
biodynamic advocate working toward the beautification and revitalization of
urban spaces. Dory completed the RSC Biodynamic Intensive and is currently a
Master Gardener Volunteer with the University
 of California Cooperative Extension Los Angeles
  County Common Ground Garden Program . Her interest
in earth stewardship began when she was a child in the fertile fields of the
 Midwest and was renewed when she discovered the work of
Rudolf Steiner.

"...the greatest change we need to make is from consumption to production, even if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do this, there is enough for everyone.

Hence the futility of revolutionaries who have no gardens, who depend on the very system they attack, and who produce words and bullets, not food and shelter."

- Bill Mollison