[Lapg] Gunter Pauli: The Green Job Machine. Carbon Economy Series Santa Barbara. DECEMBER 3-5

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Sun Nov 15 13:44:14 PST 2009

Gunter Pauli, famous eco-entrepreneur and passionate proponent of green
development worldwide,

comes to Santa Barbara as part of the Carbon Economy Educational Series.

**********************************

Gunter Pauli Events: December 3-5, 2009

Evolving from an economy based on scarcity to an economy based on abundance
where no one is unemployed and basic needs are met with what is locally
available with approaches inspired by natural systems.

Gunter Pauli will discuss the green job machine, how the laws of physics
will change the way we look at our economy, and the potential for green jobs
to revitalize and reinvigorate our economy. Pauli, formerly the President of
Ecover, was responsible for Europe's first ecological factory.  He founded
"Zero Emissions Research and Initiatives" (ZERI) at the United Nations
University in Tokyo, and subsequently established The Global ZERI Network.
View summary of his upcoming book to be released April 2010: The Blue
<http://www.quailsprings.org/CEC/BlueEconomy.pdf>  Economy
(www.quailsprings.org/CEC/BlueEconomy.pdf).

**********************************

Three day 'ZERI' Training with Gunter Pauli

December 3-5, 2009

At Orella Ranch, north of Santa Barbara on the Gaviota Coast

In this course you will learn how to evolve from a model of sustainability
that requests you to invest more, save some and then earn back, to a model
where you can invest less of your purchasing power to achieve multiple
benefits while building social capital. Diverse case studies will
demonstrate that this model for sustainability is not only possible, it has
been implemented in the North and the South, in rural, peri-urban and
inner-city environments.

The ZERI training attracts people from all sectors - business, government,
social and environmental services - who are inspired to create a new green
economy.

How can we evolve from an economy based on scarcity to an economy based on
abundance? How can we emulate ecosystems where no one is unemployed,
everyone contributes to the best of their abilities and the concept of waste
does not exist?  Explore these and other questions in a 3 day training with
Gunter Pauli in the ZERI systems design approach.

Course fee: $575 early bird (by October 19), $675 (by November 27), includes
tuition, onsite tent camping, and organic catered meals.

Learn more or register at  <http://www.carboneconomysb.com/>
www.CarbonEconomySB.com or call Kolmi Majumdar at 805-886-7239

Co-convened by Quail Springs Permaculture Farm & Orella Ranch, with generous
in-kind sponsorship from El Capitan Canyon Resort and a network of partners
including SBCC Center for Sustainability.

**********************************

"The Green Job Machine: The Laws of Physics and Our Economy"

Public Talk with Gunter Pauli

December 5, 2009 - 7 pm

$10 at the door

Location:  Santa Barbara City College (SBCC) West Campus, Fe Bland
Auditorium

Hosted by SBCC Center for Sustainability.  Co-sponsored by SB Permaculture
Network, SBCC Scheinfeld Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation, SBCC
Students for Sustainability Coalition

Click here to view the Flyer
<http://www.quailsprings.org/CEC/GunterPauliTalkFlyer.pdf>
(www.quailsprings.org/CEC/GunterPauliTalkFlyer.pdf)