[Lapg] Friends headed to Black Mesa::::

charon nogues trickypoodle at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 22 16:55:43 PST 2009

Rosie is a close sister. All help is much appreciated, including forwarding this on to anybody who might offer support.

Dear Friends and Family,

This is Georgia Rose & Jules writing to you with warm wishes and a request for your support.

     A good friend of ours who is Hopi and Navajo asked us to come
with her over the Thanksgiving Holiday to Black Mesa on the Navajo
reservation. She has annually helped organize a caravan of family,
friends and allies to offer supplies and support to the native elders
who live there. The native people on Black Mesa have been resisting
unjust large-scale coal mining operations by the Peabody Coal
Co. and forced relocation policies of the US government for over 25
years. This caravan has been organized to help the elders make it
through
the harsh winter without electricity and running water. Along with
delivering food, water, supplies, tools and firewood, we'll also be
working on maintenance projects and helping with daily
chores.

     We need the use of a vehicle and to raise at least $500.00 to do this trip.

Details about vehicle:
We'll need it from the evening of Tuesday November 24th until late night Sunday November 30th.
We'll be driving from Boulder, CO to North-Eastern Arizona and back in winter weather.
The vehicle will be driven on the reservation's back country dirt roads that can be quite bumpy.

The $500.00 will cover:
Gas money to get there and back. Gas for delivering supplies on the reservation while we're there.

Food and water for ourselves and to share with our host family.

    Anything we raise beyond the $500.00 will be used to buy more supplies for the elders.

Please consider this opportunity to support the native people of Black
Mesa in their struggle for clean air, water and the right to stay on
their ancestral lands. Please give as much as you can. Even $10.00 will
help us get closer to our goal. Also feel free to pass this email request on to others who might want to support this project. We're hoping to head out on this adventure in less than
a week. We don't have the funds to do this without your help and since
there's so little turn around time between us asking you for support
and you getting to support us, please contact us asap and let us know how
much you can give. This way we'll know how much money we raised even if
we don't receive it all before we leave on the trip.

If you're interested in learning more about Native Sovereignty at Black Mesa go to: http://blackmesais.org/  or watch the  1986 Academy awarding winning documentary "Broken Rainbow" on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iN3zdpdgvY  (it is broken up into seven 10 minute parts).

If you have any more questions feel free to call or email either of us.

Thank you all so much!
-Jules & GeorgiaRose

Jules Maxwell & GeorgiaRose Park

2000 Walnut Street Apt. 29
Boulder, Colorado 80302

Jules: 720-383-0652
blorbin at yahoo.com

GeorgiaRose: 303-506-0651
rosie_otter at hotmail.com

--
...re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book,
dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great