[Lapg] STARHAWK € THIS WEDNESDAY € at PROJECT BUTTERFLY € Downtown LA

Midori Takata midori at projectbutterfly.org
Mon Nov 30 10:43:46 PST 2009

WED DEC 2nd € Dinner & Lecture € "WALKING THE EDGE" with STARHAWK €
www.projectbutterfly.org

Starhawk is one of the most respected voices in modern Goddess religion and
earth-based spirituality. She is internationally known as a trainer in
nonviolence and direct action, and an activist within the peace movement,
women's movement, environmental movement, and anti-globalization movement.

Starhawk is the author or coauthor of eleven books, including the classics
The Spiral Dance and The Fifth Sacred Thing. Her latest is her first book
for children: The Last Wild Witch.

She is deeply committed to bringing the techniques and creative power of
spirituality to political activism. She travels internationally teaching
magic, the roots of ritual, and the skills of activism. Her website is
www.starhawk.org

Dec 2nd € Walking the Edge with Starhawk::
In nature, edges, where one ecosystem meets another, are the places of
greatest dynamism, energy and creativity. Where the meadow meets the forest
or the ocean meets the shore, we find the most diversity, and also the most
stress. In this evening talk, we explore our own edges. How do we walk
between worlds? When have we been outsiders, marginalized--and what unique
vision arises from the boundaries? How do we challenge our own edges? What
boundaries are healthy, and which constrict us unnecessarily? How do we push
our own creative edges, taking more risks, pushing our work, our rituals,
and expression further into excellence?

Doors Open :: 7:00pm
Starhawk begins @ 7:30pm

Contribution :: $25