[Lapg] Cool volunteer project, Create LA

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 2 23:01:26 PST 2009

This is kind of a fun opportunity to see a budding permaculture project at a school and help it along. This is Joan Steven's cool school garden!

I am now in a new location (Glendale) and will be having at least one Create LA meeting in the garden in Dec. Stay tuned for details, but meanwhile, I'm counting this one as a community Create LA pjt; it should be fun and also a nice contribution to future sanity. We need people with carpentry skills especially.

STEPHEN BRENNAN’S EAGLE SCOUT PROJECT
ARCADIA HIGH SCHOOL

Fix and improve a greenhouse that is at Arcadia High School.

We will be replacing some rotted wood in the supports, taking down an old screen, generally cleaning up and installing a rain barrel irrigation system.  This will enable the students to learn sustainable gardening and agriculture methods with a greenhouse.

Address: 180 Campus Dr Arcadia, CA 91007.   I'll be there with my phone on to help anyone who needs to find it.                                       Date:  Saturday, December 12, 2009
Time:  8:30 AM until approximately 4 PM

Bring work gloves if you have them.  There will be extra pairs there as well.

Snacks and coffee will be provided in the morning and pizza at lunch with water/Gatorade throughout the day.

I hope to see you there!

If you have any questions/comments e-mail Stephen Brennan at: bean9045 at gmail.com or call at: 818-641-9769