[Lapg] Carpooling : Joel Salatin,comes to SantaBarbara Dec 9-11

Kolmi Majumdar info at quailsprings.org
Fri Dec 4 13:07:44 PST 2009

FROM:  Gillian Webster <webster_gillian at hotmail.com>  all responses
please go directly to Gillian

Hello all,

I am hoping to attend the Joel Salatin Public talk on Relocalization
in Santa Barbara next wednesday and am hoping to car pool with someone
back to the Santa Clarita region. Does anyone live in the area and
could offer me a ride home after the talk?

Thanks for your help,
please call me at 661-600-8548

Gillian

> Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 03:59:38 -0800
> From: info at quailsprings.org
> To: lapg at arashi.com
> Subject: [Lapg] Joel Salatin,	farmer and relocalization advocate
> comes to Santa	Barbara Dec 9-11
>
> Joel Salatin, farmer, author, and food relocalization advocate,
> comes  to Santa Barbara as part of the Carbon Economy Educational
> Series.
>
> To view flyer: http://www.quailsprings.org/CEC/JoelSalatinFlyer.pdf  (1 MB)
>
> SANTA BARBARA, CA (12/01/2009)  -  "Imagine what it would be if, as
> a  national policy, we had such nutritionally dense food that people
>  actually felt better, had more energy, and weren't sick as
> much...now  see, that's a noble goal." - Joel Salatin, Polyface Farms.
>
> Joel Salatin, fulltime family farmer of the highly successful
> Polyface  Farms, recipient of the Heinz Award for Environmental
> Leadership, and  one of the world's leading advocates of farming and
> food  relocalization, is coming to Santa Barbara December 9-11 as
> part of  the Carbon Economy Educational Series.
>
> "Meet the best, loudest (and only) Christian-libertarian-capitalist
> -environmentalist-lunatic farmer on the face of planet Earth.... a
> darling of the environmental left but with increasing cachet and
> respect from the religious right may make him the catalyst in
> bringing  the two groups together," says the Christian Science
> Monitor.
>
> Featured in Michael Pollan's book, Omnivore's Dilemma, and in the
> films FRESH and FOOD, Inc., Joel himself is the author of six books
> including Family Friendly Farming, Salad Bar Beef, and his latest,
> Everything I Want To Do Is Illegal.   His speaking and writing
> reflect  dirt-under-the-fingernails experience punctuated with
> mischievous  humor. Joel passionately defends small farms, local
> food systems, and  the right to opt out of the conventional food
> paradigm.
>
> Joel Salatin will be providing a public talk on Wednesday, December
> 9th at the Faulkner Gallery at the Central Library in Santa Barbara,
> a  lecture for anyone who eats!   Salatin will inspire participants
> to  engage in the relocalization movement through his direct and
> honest  experience.  Following, on December 10th and 11th, Salatin
> will  provide a 2-day intensive training sharing his own successful
> farming  and relationship marketing model at Polyface Farms, and
> opening up the  discussion to relocalization opportunities and
> challenges for  communities.
>
> Joel Salatin Events - Carbon Economy Educational Series
>
> * Public Talk:  Pathways to Relocalization with Joel Salatin
> Wednesday, December 9th, 7-9pm, $10 at the Faulkner Gallery, Santa
> Barbara Central Library, 40 E. Anapamu St.
>
> * Intensive 2 Day Training: Pathways to Relocalization with Joel Salatin
> December 10-11, 2009 at Orella Ranch and El Capitan Canyon, north of
>  Santa Barbara on the Gaviota Coast .  Visit www.CarbonEconomySB.com
> [...]

Keep your friends updated--even when you're not signed in.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_5:092010

----- End forwarded message -----

Kolmi Majumdar
Education Programs Manager