[Lapg] Free Unfired Clay For Building Projects

Kat James katjames711 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 22 16:53:51 PST 2010

Hello All,
Once again our ceramic studio is overflowing with unfired dry clay.  This material can be crushed, rehydrated and used in your cob building projects such as walls, ovens, benches, etc.  As it has already been formed into a shape and left to become 'bone-dry' it would take a lot of work to get it back into a clay that would be suitable for ceramics, but it might work for some other art projects if you really know clay rehydration.  We have many 5 gallon buckets full.  You can take a few or all (the more the better).  They are heavy and a bit dirty so a truck works best and if you bring a car you will need to put something down to protect your carpet, etc.  We are especially looking for people that could regularly come to pick up the buckets as we are constantly producing more.  We are located in Boyle Heights at 2751 E 11th St.  LA 90023.  The entrance is at the big blue gate on Orme.  Please come by Monday through Fri between 8AM -12PM or 1PM -
 6PM.  You can call Jesus at: 323-269-2524 to confirm that there is some left and that he will be here to assist you.
Thanks Everyone,
Kat