[Lapg] Fw: Please vote for school gardens at every school in America!

steve williams steelheadwig at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 10:45:04 PST 2010

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Daniel Bowman Simon <daniel at thewhofarm.org>
To: TheWhoFarm Google Group <thewhofarm at googlegroups.com>
Sent: Mon, March 1, 2010 10:30:38 AM
Subject: Please vote for school gardens at every school in America!

First Lady Michelle Obama has credited her small vegetable garden at the White House as the initial inspiration for all her good food work and her new Let's Move initiative.  But there's still LOTS more to be done, and most schools in America are still garden-less.  So, with that, I'm happy to forward this on from my friend Ethan:

This March 2010, as spring fast approaches and we all yearn to plant new seeds, please join me to support "Good Food For All Kids: A Garden at Every School." Simply by casting your vote for the principle of Universal School Gardens in the 2010 Ideas for Change in America contest sponsored by Change.org, you can help move this idea one important step closer from inspiration to reality. (The 10 most popular winning ideas will be transformed into national grassroots social change campaigns, and Change.org will reach out directly to engage relevant decision-makers.) Then after you vote for universal school gardens in the contest, please join us in taking the next step toward achieving this ambitious goal by joining the new "School Gardens Across America" group at Facebook!

By taking the action
of planting sustainable food gardens at schools throughout America, we
can ensure that all children have the opportunity to benefit from
eating more fresh
healthy foods. A well-planned edible schoolyard can even supply a
significant portion of a school's daily food needs. To learn more about the many benefits of school gardens, read the short essay "Playing to Win Universal School Gardens," published March 1st, 2010 at www.dcfoodforall.com.
--

Follow TheWhoFarm on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheWhoFarm