[Lapg] Permaculture relief in Haiti

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 01:58:15 PDT 2010

I'm assisting a permaculture relief team in Haiti currently, a group of six permaculturists who were first responders for the earthquake - five who are still there. They have saved lives by putting in sanitation systems and low tech water filtration, which were the key areas where lives were at risk when they arrived. They have been educating Haitians on how to do this sustainably, for themselves.

They have moved into the next phase of "teaching the teachers" focusing on teaching permaculture techniques for growing food, sustainable shelters, water filtration, etc, to a number of local organizations in several cities. They are working in coordination with the Haitian government and local organizations to meet real needs.

We are seeking funding for this effort. All donations go directly to Haiti to support these efforts and will multiply exponentially by teaching the teachers. If you'd like to support this historic effort, please donate at permacultureguild.org/donations (Haiti project). (This is our partner non profit for this project).

There is more info on this project and how it has unfolded at our web site: permacultureguild.us

Best, Cory Brennan