[Lapg] Work/Learn opportunity at Old Chimney Farm

Old Chimney Farm thefarm at oldchimneyfarm.com
Fri Mar 19 20:03:08 PDT 2010

Here's your chance to get your hands and feet dirty through actual
Permaculture projects! Our farm in located in the Santa Monica Mountains
overlooking the ocean on 8 beautiful acres. Our projects include art and
natural building, crop rotation, soil and compost building, poultry care,
orchard management, nursery propagation, water harvesting, and aquaculture.
This year is especially exciting, as we are starting our first CSA veggie
box delivery season in June. A typical work day includes a lot of physical
labor, but it also includes fun, creative projects. Let us know what your
particular skills and interests are and we will do our best to get you
involved on those projects. We believe learning is a process best done
through hands-on experience - we have no classrooms!

We have four seasonal volunteer positions available. Apply now for the April
- June session. Time commitment is once a week, Tuesdays or Thursdays from
9am-3pm.
Please reply with your background in gardening and Permaculture - but no
experience is necessary! Let us know why you are interested in this position
and what you expect to get out of the experience.

This is an unpaid position, and housing is not provided.

We look forward to hearing from you!
Mary & Sean
www.oldchimneyfarm.com