[Lapg] Fwd: FW: Composting Toilet code

CURTIS BLANKINSHIP curtis.blankinship at gmail.com
Sun May 2 14:35:08 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Farrell, Mike <MFarrell at dph.sbcounty.gov>
Date: Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:27 PM
Subject: FW: Composting Toilet code
To: "curtis.blankinship at gmail.com" <curtis.blankinship at gmail.com>
Cc: "Williams, Terri" <twilliams at dph.sbcounty.gov>, "Houser, Hal" <
HHouser at dph.sbcounty.gov>, "Johnson, Shannon" <SJohnson at dph.sbcounty.gov>,
"Porter, Corwin" <CPorter at dph.sbcounty.gov>

 Hello Curtis

Sewage disposal for single family residences, multi-family residences, and
commercial properties is only allowed by the use of a sewer, septic system,
or sewage holding tank per the County Development Code.  The listed items
must connect to a sewer if it is available.  A septic system can be used
only if a sewer is not available.  The sewage holding tank can only be used
when sewer is not available and a septic system cannot be installed on the
property.  Composting and incinerator toilets are not addressed in the Code,
thus they cannot be used as a method of sewage disposal.

Thank you for a very good question.  Feel free to contact me if you have any
other questions

Michael Farrell, REHS
Acting Program Manager

Land Use Protection Program