[Lapg] drainage pits vs bioswales

CURTIS BLANKINSHIP curtis.blankinship at gmail.com
Thu May 6 10:48:00 PDT 2010

Permies
I recently wrote the city engineer in 29 palms regarding their drainage
policy. They insist on putting in expensive curbs and draining water into
huge pits instead of using bioswales and soft curbs.
The engineer claims there is too much silt. This came up because they wanted
to charge me 11k for curbs in town so I could build a house on my property
on the outskirts of town. I had to cancel my project and move my trailer.
Please write your local city engineer and tell him to allow water to soak in
to the ground instead of running it into a drainage ditch like the L.A.
river.
thanks,
Curtis